1. Hull and rinse the strawberries.
2. Line the base and sides of a spring sided cake tin with greaseproof paper.
Crush the amareti biscuits and grind to caster sugar like granules.
3. Whisk the cream until it stands in peaks
4. Mix the Amaretti and caster sugar and stir into the cream
5. Put half of the cream mixture into the cake tin and level it
6. Slice the strawberries and layer onto the cream. completely covering it
7. Reserve some strawberries to decorate
8. Put the rest of the cream mixture onto the layer of strawberries and smooth the top
9. Place in the fridge to chill.Just before serving, turn out the pudding onto a serving dish, removing the greaseproof paper. Decorate with the remaining strawberries (halved)
Strawberry Ameretti Pudding
A delicious creamy dessert with an Amaretti tang.
Always impresses and simple to make
Individual puddings can be made in a suitable dish or ramekin
For a change try your favorite soft fruit in place of the strawberries
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Chilling Time 1 hour
1 pint / 560cc Double Cream
100g Amaretti biscuits
60 g Caster Sugar