Ham wrapped Chicken Breasts stuffed with Pesto
A succulent way to serve chicken breasts.
With a tangy pesto stuffing and rich creamy sauce and the added flavour of Parma style ham.
Use a moist “Jambon Cru” or alternatively back bacon to wrap the parcels
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
1. Make a long horizontal slit through the thickest part of each Chicken breast
2. Beat the butter and pesto together and spread equally inside the cavities in the chicken and close the chicken tightly together
3. Stretch the ham or bacon and wrap 2 slices round each breast, overlapping so that the chicken is completely encased. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks
4. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken and sauté over a medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side (or until the bacon colours)
5. Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil, spooning the liquid over the chicken to keep it moist.
6. Cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender (Check with a cocktail stick)
7. Remove the roulades with a slotted spoon and transfer to a heated serving dish and keep warm.
8. Add the Crème Fraîche to the liquid and bring to the boil. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
9. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve garnished with the basil and cherry tomatoes
6 large boneless Chicken breasts
4 tablespoons red pesto
12 slices of Jambon Cru or rashers of back bacon
125 ml red wine
2 tablespoons Olive oil
175 ml chicken stock
4 tablespoons Crème Fraîche
Salt and pepper
Fresh Basil leaves