Carrot and Coriander Soup
A flavoursome healthy soup with fresh and ground coriander.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 potato, peeled and chopped
1 onion, sliced
450g/1lb carrots, sliced
1 tsp ground coriander
1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened.
2. Stir in the ground coriander and potato, then cook for 1 min.
3. Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
4. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
5. Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth.
6. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve.